What is “an audiophile”? My definition: an audiophile is someone who listens to music for extended periods of time for that sole purpose, not as an accompaniment or background to other activities.
In the process, an audiophile will develop an appreciation of variation in the performance of audio equipment, through active listening and comparison. An audiophile will also be inclined to spend a significant amount of their limited resources to further improve their listening experience, because listening to music is one of their priorities in life.
Some discoveries along the way to becoming an audiophile:
- Zen and the Art of HiFi Maintenance
- CD or Vinyl?
- LJC System – latest configuration updated August 2015
- The HiFi system test record
- Turntable isolation platform
- Vinyl care and protection
- Record Cleaning
- Home recipe for record cleaning
- Tonearm VTA adjustment
- stylus cleaning
- cone madness
- Radio Gaga – the war against RF
- Mono Stereo
- Lo-cost tweaks
- Mid-price tweaks
- The Law of Diminishing returns, “another unproven Hi Fi maxim”